Everything you love about pecan pie packed into a few small bites! I took my basic pie crust recipe, rolled it out and cut 1/2" circles from the dough. I then put each circle into an ungreased mini muffin pan, spreading the dough up the sides as much as possible. For the filling I also used a basic recipe, just your regular old pecan pie filling recipe and filled each little pie crust with 2 tablespoons. They baked in the oven for about 25 mins until the tops were slightly golden brown. I let them cool for a few minutes in the pan then removed them with a spoon and placed each one into a mini muffin paper for easy serving. I chose to make mini pecan pies rather than a larger traditional pie because I was shipping them to my family in New York. I needed to make desserts that were easily transported and these were a perfect idea! The result was very much like your normal pecan pie; a crunchy, nutty exterior with a gooey, sweet interior. Simply delicious! I like to call these "dessert hor dourves" because they are easily passed out to guests and consumed without the use of utensils. They are a perfect dinner party dessert and easy as pie to make! Enjoy!
1 Pie Crust- store bought or homemade
2 cups light brown sugar
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup light corn syrup
6 tbsps butter, softened
2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine sugar, egg, vanilla, salt, corn syrup and softened butter.
- Stir in chopped pecans. Set aside while rolling out the pie crust dough.
- Roll out pie crust to about 1/4" thickness.
- Using a 1/2" round biscuit cutter, cut out as many rounds as possible. Continue to re-roll out dough and cut out rounds until you have used all of the dough.
- Place rounds into an ungreased muffin tin and push dough up the sides as much as possible.
- Take 2 tbsps of your pecan filling mixture and place on top of the dough.
- Bake for about 25 mins or until the tops of the pies are light golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan.
- Place into mini muffin papers (optional) and serve!
- Top with whipped cream if desired!