This is a super simple recipe for garlic knots that includes only a few ingredients. They can be made with store bought or homemade pizza dough and are a perfect addition to any pizza night! Enjoy!!
1 pizza dough
1/2 stick (4 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup olive oil1 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped oregano
1 tbsp pecorino romano cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
(You can heat your oven to 350 and bake slightly longer. I used a 400 degree oven because I was also baking pizza at the same time which requires a higher degree of temperature.)
- Cut dough into 18 equal sized portions
- Roll each portion between your palms to create a 6" rope
- Twist each rope into a knot and tuck pieces underneath. Place on a greased cookie sheet or silpat.
- Melt butter in microwave then stir in oil, chopped garlic and garlic powder. Brush the tops of each knot with the butter mixture.
- Bake in oven for about 15 mins or until slightly golden. Remove and sprinkle with parsley, oregano and cheese.