This is a simple recipe using fresh ingredients. It's a great summer time dish, especially if you have garden with most of the ingredients readily available to you. Any type of pasta can be used to make this dish, but Spaghetti is my personal favorite and I feel it works the best here. Enjoy!
1/2 lb pasta of your choice
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half length wise
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
diced fresh mozzarella
grated cheese (I use Pecorino Romano)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside
- Heat oil on high in a large skillet
- Add garlic and cook until slightly golden
- Add red pepper flakes and tomatoes, cover with foil and lower heat to simmer for about 15 mins.
- Add the fresh basil and cooked pasta to the skillet and toss until combined
- Top with some fresh mozzarella and grated cheese